Art Every Day Month – Day 18 – Explorations
- Awoke with headache
- Two soft-boiled eggs, black decaf (sounds like a diet but I also had a chocolate chip(s) chaser)
- Rummaged through my writing desk
- Slugged through the morning in leopard flannel pajamas
- Showered, plus all that peripheral stuff
- Took a brisk walk, incognito in black work out clothes and a baseball hat. Looked like a foreigner
I live in the country. One direction down the road is farmland, rural. The other direction goes toward town, fairly close by, perhaps 5 miles. I guess I could walk to town if so inclined. When in shape, I can walk 3 miles but 5 is a bit much for me because then I’d have to walk back. And, truly, I’m not inclined to do that even for health. That’s why we have cars, so we can drive to the gym. Call me lazy. I’m fine walking locally with the cows and any chickens that might be loose along the road, but I’m not walking 10 miles for anyone.
Oh, yeah, the cows. I live near a large dairy…
Yeah, tons of cows. I couldn’t fit them all in the photo.
The rest of my day:
- Lunch, a spinach salad with black olives, avocado and mushrooms…..okay, okay, I had a few more chocolate chips. They were organic
- Rummaged through drawers of metal pieces and half done projects pretending to be organizing things
- I spent time thinking. I do this a lot. I love to think and I think I thought my way out of a headache because suddenly it wasn’t there
- Now what? I’m bored
Remember the automatic writing I mentioned in the Healers post? Did it again. I was thinking about gardens today and how I’d love to see one as opposed to the drought singed land in this area. I had no real intention as to what I’d find in the writing (I find symbols, images, suggestions, pathways to walk down) but I had been thinking about flowers and seeds, souls and healing and I guess that’s what came through. I love the abstract visions that appear in this process I do. Here is today’s result……what I’ll call Healer’s Garden because much of what has been on my mind lately is how women are healers by nature and how the world will be saved by them. No one else seems to be saving it. It might as well be us.
There are women in the garden – sage and newly born goddesses, devising a plan, exchanging notes, maintaining and living in the garden – being the garden – teaching the rest of humanity. It is what we should all do, no matter who we are.
(These images are always viewed better in “zoom”……like many things in life.)
Please visit Leah Piken Kolidas @ Creative Every Day to see what’s up with Art Every Day Month. You can find Leah’s fabulous entries (she is the originator) along with a wonderfully diverse list of other bloggers participating. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy…….every day is a new piece of art, or a step in the process…
“The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere,
they’re in each other all along.”